These AIP Blueberry Crumble Bars are amazing. And they are super easy to make too with ingredients easily available in your AIP pantry!
I have posted AIP Strawberry Crisp recipe before which is great too. However, this time I wanted to make a grain free crumble bar since I was making a gluten free blueberry crumble bar for my family. For the gluten free version, I followed this recipe and replaced the all purpose flour with my favorite gluten free blend – King Arthur Measure for Measure.
What are the ingredients for making AIP Blueberry Crumble Bars?
- Cassava Flour – I recommend only Otto’s or Anthony’s Goods Premium (not organic)
- Arrowroot Flour
- Palm Shortening – I like Nutiva brand
- Baking soda
- Maple Syrup – Any organic brand like this one
- Blueberries – Fresh or Frozen
- Tapioca starch
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
This is a perfect dessert when you need to make something quick!
Check out my video below for step wise directions:
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract(optional)
- ½ cup softened palm shortening (or you can also use softened coconut oil)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre heat oven to 350 F. Take a 9 inch loaf pan and grease it with coconut oil or palm shortening. Then layer with parchment paper. keep aside.
- Add all the dry ingredients of the crumble layer to a mixing bowl and mix using a fork. then add the maple syrup, vanilla (if adding) and the palm shortening (or coconut oil). Using your hands mix the fat into the flour mixture until you get a crumbly dough. Keep aside.
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl gently using a spoon. Keep aside.
- To the prepared pan, add half of the crumble mixture so as to form a layer on the bottom.
- Next pour the filling mixture over it. Finally add the rest of the crumble mixture on top to form a sandwich pie.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake at 350 F for 32-35 minutes or until the top crumble layer looks golden and toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into bars.