This post contains product affiliate links which means that I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase using these links which helps me to maintain my site. Your cost remains the same regardless of where you purchase from.
Banana Pancakes are a favorite in our house. We all love them! I have posted my AIP Banana Pancake recipe before. I also make another version of them using plantain flour – AIP Banana Pancakes using plantain flour.
For my family, I usually make gluten free pancakes and I love this Gluten free flour blend for pancakes and for all baking recipes. This weekend while making this recipe for my children, I realized that I had not posted this recipe. So I decided to do a recipe post for this. This recipe was also perfect to show off my new Priority Chef Stainless Steel Mixing bowls set! You can check out my video below to see my bowls and to see how I make these pancakes!
What are the ingredients to make these banana pancakes?
- Gluten free flour blend or grain free flour – You can use either King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten free flour blend or Cassava Flour for a grain free version
- Eggs – I like to farm fresh pastured eggs
- Unsalted Butter – You can use coconut oil for a dairy free version
- Milk – You can use regular milk or any dairy free milk
- Baking Powder – I recommend using Aluminum free baking powder like this one.
- Vanilla extract – I prefer this organic brand
- Apple Cider Vinegar – I like to use this brand
- Sweetener – You can use any unrefined sugar like raw cane sugar or maple syrup.
- Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Gluten Free flour blend or cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp unrefined cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsps unsalted butter, melted (replace with coconut oil for dairy free version)
- ½ cup whole milk (replace with any dairy free milk for dairy free version)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsps water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Avocado oil or coconut oil for pan frying
- 2 Ripe bananas, cut into ½ inch thick round slices
- In a small bowl, beat an egg and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour blend (or cassava flour), baking powder, salt and sugar (or maple syrup) and mix using a fork or spoon. Then add the beaten egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla. Mix using a hand whisk or an electric mixer till smooth and no lumps.
- Then add the water and the apple cider vinegar and whisk again until smooth and runny.
- Heat a stainless steel or a cast iron skillet. Add a tbsp of oil and use a brush to spread it over the surface. Then pour about ⅓ rd cup of batter and spread with a ladle to form a ¼ inch pancake.
- Place the banana slices on top and cover and cook for about two minutes.
- Open the lid and carefully flip the pancake. Cook for about 30 secs on the other side and gently transfer into a serving plate.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve warm with a drizzling of maple syrup!