Are you looking for an easy recipe? And even easier clean up? Then you will love this one! Plus this bright and perky salad will remind you of spring and cheerful lunches…something that we need right now as we all stay quarantined in our homes!
Usually when I do quick sheet pan recipes, I don’t really strictly follow recipes. Just throw some spices on the chicken / fish and add some veggies too. But recently, I was in the mood for a salad and so this recipe was born. Just like that – a quick recipe. However, it has quickly become one of my favorites! I added the turmeric in the chicken since the Indian in me is so used to adding turmeric in everything lol! But then I carried it a step further and decided to make a turmeric citrus dressing too. And mandarin orange slices in the salad rounds up the whole citrusy thing very well! Baking the chicken and resting it for a few minutes makes it super moist and juicy and the extra citrusy dressing makes this dish irresistible!
Oh btw, I just remembered that the credit for the oranges in this salad goes to my niece Rhea! The day before I made this, she was going on and on about a delicious salad she had somewhere which had oranges in it 🙂 Btw, I also made a video for you to watch how I make this recipe – Check it out below:
I like to do quick bakes with chicken or fish often for my lunch. Since I work from home, I am usually home alone and I take a full one hour break for lunch with the first 30 mins for making the meal. So all my lunch recipes are 30 mins or less! Btw, have you snatched our community ebook ‘30 Minute AIP Meals‘ yet? If not grab it now! It has 120 recipes – each one under 30 mins!
- 4 chicken thighs about 1 lb (you can also use chicken breasts)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- extra olive oil for the pan
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp or a large pinch of turmeric
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ of a ripe avocado
- 6-8 orange segments, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking tray with Al foil or parchment paper.
- Once thawed, blot dry the chicken thighs with paper towels and place them side by side on the baking tray.
- Sprinkle the salt, all the spices and the lemon juice and olive oil on top of the thighs.
- Using your hands gently massage the spices on to the chicken pieces making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes first. Then flip the chicken pieces and bake again for 10-12 mins until the bottoms have slight golden spots. (If using chicken breasts, bake for about 20 mins total, 15 plus 5)
- Take out from the oven and cover with Al foil until serving.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in small glass jar and close the lid. Shake the jar until everything is mixed well.
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl and pour half of the dressing onto it. Toss to mix well.
- Place the baked chicken on serving plate and slice gently using a large knife. Place some of the salad onto the plate too. Drizzle remaining dressing over the chicken and the salad.
[…] Meatballs with Saffron Yogurt Dipping Sauce from Phoenix Helix Turmeric Chicken Salad with Turmeric Citrus Dressing from Cook 2 Nourish Anti-Inflammatory Chicken Burgers from Zesty Paleo Turmeric Marinated Salmon […]
[…] Turmeric Chicken Salad from Cook 2 Nourish Steak Salad with Arugula from Phoenix Helix Salmon Salad with Ginger Dressing from A Clean Plate Tuna Salad Endive Boats from Autoimmune Wellness Easy Shrimp Ceviche from Phoenix Helix Calamari Kale Kalamata Salad from Meatified Turkey, Bacon, Fig and Raspberry Salad from Comfort Bites […]
[…] Meatballs with Saffron Yogurt Dipping Sauce from Phoenix Helix Turmeric Chicken Salad with Turmeric Citrus Dressing from Cook 2 Nourish Anti-Inflammatory Chicken Burgers from Zesty Paleo Turmeric Meat Patties from […]
[…] Turmeric Chicken Salad with a Turmeric Citrus Dressing from Cook 2 Nourish *This chicken salad is doubling up on the turmeric with a vibrant dressing. […]