OK, So if you read my last post, you already know about this cake. And if you did not read my last post where I posted the Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe, then I suggest you do it now 🙂 Because I am going to keep this post really short!
This turned out to be a beautiful and delicious cake. It had started as a dream with me imagining an AIP version of all the ‘Upside down Peach cakes’ that I saw on Pinterest. I started craving very badly for an AIP version and I was determined to make one. And last week being my birthday week, I decided to make it double better by adding plums too 🙂 Oh this cake is pure heaven!. I enjoyed it warm with some more fresh peaches and plums on the side. But I bet it would taste as good even when its cold. And you know the best thing about this recipe? It makes 8-10 servings which means you can freeze half of it so you will always have something for an occasional AIP treat. Wonderful isn’t it?
Do make this for yourself this summer when peaches are in season! You deserve it!
Sharing this delicious cake at the Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable hosted by Phoenix Helix this week!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 peach, sliced thin
- 2 plums sliced thin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Grease a 8 inch round baking pan or a springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet and add the coconut oil and the coconut sugar. Add the peach and the plum slices and the cinnamon and cook for about 2 mins until the fruits get a little soft. Turn heat off and pour this fruit mixture onto the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cassava flour, the baking soda and the sea salt. Mix well together. Then add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil and maple syrup. Blend a little using a spatula or an electric mixer and then add the water and mix till everything is well blended. The batter will be a little thick.
- Pour this batter on top of the fruit mixture in the cake pan.
- Place pan inside the oven on bottom rack and bake at 350 for about 35 mins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Are you new to the AIP? Are you looking for quick easy meals? Try this new ebook ’30 minute meals for the Paleo/AIP’ that has 120 delicious meals that can all be made under 30 mins! Check it out today!