This delicious AIP Pumpkin Bread is a perfect dessert for just about any holiday meal. The special fudge sauce makes it extra decadent! This recipe is dairy free, nut free, grain free, egg free and AIP.
This recipe uses the following ingredients:
- Beth Blends Nut/Cassava Free Grain Free Flour Blend: This blend by Beth Blends contains a mix of tigernut, arrowroot, and plantain flour along with cream of tarter and baking soda.
- Pumpkin Puree – Organic Canned – This keeps the bread moist and gives it texture.
- Grass Fed Gelatin – This works like an egg substitute in this recipe and is therefore essential for the texture.
- Dark Unsulfured Molasses: This is one of the sweeteners in this recipe. It gives the bread a richness of flavor as well as a dark color. Unsulfured Molasses are a highly nutrient dense food (rich in iron and calcium!) hence I try to incorporate it into my dessert recipes more! You can read more about the benefits of molasses from this review post by Dr Sarah Ballantyne.
- Coconut Sugar: This is the other sweetener in the bread along with the molasses and balances the bitter sweet taste of the molasses. It also helps to give the bread texture.
- Ground Cinnamon: Cinnamon spice gives a strong aroma and flavor to the bread and complements the pumpkin flavor.
- Ground Ginger: Ginger spice gives a spicy flavor to the bread and complements the pumpkin flavor.
- Sea Salt: A little bit of sea salt helps in dessert recipes to accentuate the sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla just helps to give the bread more of a rounded flavor.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut Milk adds a richness of flavor along with giving the batter the right consistency.
- Raw Cacao: This is an optional ingredient in the fudge sauce. For AIP, you can substitute carob.
- Maple Syrup: This is one of the sweeteners in the fudge sauce and balances the bitter sweet taste of the molasses. It also helps to give the right consistency for the sauce.
How to make AIP Pumpkin Bread:
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the flour blend, pumpkin puree, spices, molasses and coconut sugar in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the gelatin egg and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and blend well to form a thick smooth batter
- Pour the batter into the pan and then bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely for 1 hour before cutting.
- Mix all the ingredients for the fudge sauce in a bowl with a whisk to form the fudge sauce.
Can you make the Pumpkin Bread without the fudge sauce?
Absolutely! The fudge sauce is just an extra component that elevates the bread to a decadent dessert!
I have made a video tutorial of this recipe too! See below!
AIP Pumpkin Bread with Fudge Sauce (Paleo, AIP)
Author: Indira Shyju
A delicious allergen free Pumpkin Bread with a decadent fudge sauce! Nut free, Grain Free, Egg free and Dairy Free!
- 1½ cups Beth Blends Nut/Cassava Free Grain Free Blend (Yellow bag)
- 1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps blackstrap unsulfured molasses
- 2 tbsps coconut sugar
- 2 tbsps grass-fed gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup plus 2 tbsps hot water.
- 2 tbsps coconut milk
For the quick fudge sauce:
- 1 tbsp dark unsulfured molasses
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder (use carob powder for AIP) - optional
- Pre heat oven to 375 F.
- Line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour blend, pumpkin puree, salt, spices, vanilla, molasses and the coconut sugar. Mix using a whisk or spoon.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cold water on top to wet it. Then add the hot water and whisk it using a fork to dissolve all the gelatin. Add this liquid to the above mixing bowl and whisk the whole mixture. Add the coconut milk too and whisk again to get a thick but smooth batter.
- Pour this batter onto the prepared pan and place in the oven at 375 F for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake form the oven and let cool outside for at least 1 hour before taking it out of the pan and slicing.
For the quick fudge sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to mix well! Pour a tsp of sauce over every serving of the pumpkin bread!
Tips for making the AIP Pumpkin Bread:
- Gelatin is an essential ingredient to get the right texture. It is important to handle gelatin properly. The best way to make sure all the gelatin dissolves (without any lumps) is to first sprinkle the gelatin on a bowl. Then sprinkle about a tablespoon of cold water on top of it to wet all of the gelatin. Then add this wet gelatin to hot water and whisk quickly to dissolve it completely. This method will ensure foolproof gelatin dissolution without you getting lumps.
- Baking time varies from oven to oven as well as depends upon the type of baking pan etc. Hence use the above suggested time only as a guide and check for doneness of cake using a toothpick before turning the oven off and removing the bread.
- Cooling of the bread is very essential before slicing it. Let the bread cool completely for at least an hour at room temperature (or the refrigerator for 30 minutes) before attempting to slice it.
- Store the bread in the refrigerator for retaining the texture and for a longer shelf life.
(Visited 404 times, 1 visits today)
Looks delicious! Can’t wait to try it.
yes so good! Been having it every day almost 🙂