Hooray! New Cookbook on the block! This recipe of ‘Marinated Chicken with Tabbouleh’ is just a glimpse of all the gorgeous recipes you can find in this brand new cookbook ‘AIP by Season’ that just launched today! Ever since my fellow AIP blogger and good friend, Samantha Teague from ‘The Unskilled Cavewoman’ reached out to me a few months ago with the idea for this project, I have been super excited! Why was I so keen? Well for starters, eating more of seasonal produce has been a goal of mine since last year. Although we have not been completely successful in shifting to eating seasonally, we have been trying to eat more of seasonal fruits and vegetables as they are available from our local farms.
Do you know that the nutrient density of a vegetable or fruit is dependent upon its ripeness level in its natural growing season. The longer it takes a product to be transported from the farm to a market (or super markets) the less nutrients it has! Studies have shown that the vitamin content of vegetables are twice as high when they are in season versus when they were transported a long distance and ‘ripened’ under artificial conditions.
The second reason I was so excited was because this cookbook would not only have recipes by season but the recipes would also be all AIP compliant! How neat! One could just browse the recipes by season and decide what healthy AIP dish to cook for supper that night!
This project has turned out to be such a delightful one and this cookbook has turned out to be so much more than what I expected it to be! All the 22 contributors to this book have shared such attractive, vibrant and delicious recipes that cooking those recipes in your kitchen with the freshest produce from that week will make your heart sing and your body will thank you for all that goodness!
AIP by Season
- 101 recipes to help you eat seasonally with the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol. In this collection you’ll find a wide variety of delicious cuisines and categories including snacks & drinks, sides & tapas, soups, main dishes, sauces & dips, and of course some treats for the occasional sweet tooth!
- Designed to not only help you with a variety of delicious recipes that are AIP -friendly, but also as a guide to eating with the seasons. The chapters contain nutrient-dense recipes which each have a featured ingredient specific to Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter.
- Each recipe in this eBook is 100% compliant with the elimination phase of the AIP and contain no eggs, dairy, gluten, grains, seeds, legumes, nightshades, nuts, cane sugar, gums or preservatives.
But wait…you get more than just recipes with the AIP by Season purchase! Check out these other awesome resources and guides found within the eBook:
- A Seasonal AIP Produce Chart that highlights AIP compliant varieties of fruits and vegetables throughout the year as well as year round produce.
- An Eating Seasonally chapter all about the many benefits of seasonal eating.
- An Extending the Seasons guide on ferments, which includes a recipe for homemade sauerkraut.
- A Coconut Free Substitutions guide on making substitutions for coconut in recipes for those that are intolerant or allergic to coconut, including substitution instructions for 25 recipes in the eBook.
- A Tips, Tricks & Terminology guide to aid you in safely selecting common AIP compliant ingredients, with frugal tips, time saving tricks, kitchen equipment terminology, and how to cure your own bacon at home.
- An About the Contributors section, with introductions to the eBook’s contributors and where to find their blogs and services.
- A Resources page to help you find valuable services to aid in your healing journey.
- An Index page for easily finding recipes in the eBook via particular ingredients available to you.
- Access to a private Facebook community to help as you cook from the eBook along with your favorite bloggers.
- As a PDF formatted book, it’s available to both US & international readers…with no waiting for your book to arrive in the mail! An instant download for you, with no waiting to read.
This eBook is a compilation of vibrant, nutrient-dense eats from 22 of your favorite wellness bloggers, nutritional experts and health coaches. Each recipe was crafted by an expert in the AIP diet who has personally used the protocol to improve the quality of their health.
Your purchase of $18.50 directly supports the works of us bloggers who create and share free recipes on their blogs, and helps them to keep the blog lights on and continue providing you with the excellent content you love from them! I am a proud contributor to this collection and donated 4 of my favorite recipes to this book. And here’s a sample of some of the other mouth-watering recipes you’ll find in the eBook:
- Prosciutto & Sage Stuffed Chicken with Lemon & Garlic Asparagus
- Matcha Green Tea
- Gelato with Fudge Sauce
- Marinated Chicken with Tabbouleh & Rosewater Dressing
- Acorn Squash Fajita Bowls
- Nightshade free Pineapple Shrimp Ceviche with Honey Lime Dressing
- PLUS 96 more recipes!
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s inside the book!
And remember, every single one of these recipes features 1 or more ingredients specific to the season!
GIVEAWAY Details: We’re also celebrating with a HUGE $600+ value giveaway, with plenty of prizes to go around for both US & international winners.
Just head on over to the AIP by Season sales page and scroll to the bottom to enter the GIVEAWAY!
And here is the recipe for ‘Marinated Chicken Tabbouleh with rosewater dressing’ contributed by my friend and fellow blogger Kate Jay from ‘Healing Family Eats’
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced 3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large cauliflower, coarsely riced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 large pinch salt
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ scant cup fresh mint leaves, chopped 1 large pomegranate, arils removed
- rose petals to garnish
- 1 teaspoon rosewater 2 Tablespoons olive oil juice of ½ lemon pinch salt
- Add marinade ingredients to a shallow dish and mix.
- Cut chicken in half lengthways and through center. Lay parchment or plastic over top. Flatten breasts using mallet or rolling pin to about ¼-inch thick. Add pieces to dish and coat well with marinade. Cover and chill in fridge overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet to medium-high. When hot, add chicken and cook about 2 minutes per side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to warmed plate to rest.
- Wipe off griddle/skillet and return to heat. Add oil and melt. Add onion and cook gently 6 minutes until softened and slightly golden. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add cauliflower rice and cook 4-5 minutes, gently stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon zest and stir through. Remove from heat and stir in herbs.
- Add all Rosewater Dressing ingredients to small bowl and mix well.
- To serve, divide Tabbouleh between four plates. Top with a piece of chicken and drizzle over some of the dressing. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and rose petals.