Yesterday was pleasant for a couple different reasons – the first was that I finally got some appreciation/good news at work after having had a pretty stressful and rough week. And then in the evening was pleasantly surprised to be nominated by Apsara from ‘Eating Well Diary’ for the Sunshine award!
Thank you Apsara so much. It certainly feels good to be appreciated. Apsara’s Eating Well Diary , by the way folks, is an excellent source for healthful, vegetarian recipes that Apsara blogs about so unpretentiously.
Here are my answers to the questions Apsara has given me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
One of the reasons I decided to blog was to document my mom’s traditional kerala recipes. My mom is no more but I wanted to keep her alive through her recipes and also wanted to hand down these recipes to my children. Living in the US for the past 15 years I have also been cooking a lot of international foods and my family back home wanted me to share those recipes with them. So hence I decided to blog so that I could share all the recipes.
2. Sweet or Savoury?
I love to make (and eat!) desserts. There is something just very therapeutic about creating beautiful desserts!
3.If you were to go on any reality TV programme, what would it be and why?
‘Dancing with the stars’ of course ( when I become a star that is 🙂 )
4. What was the last thing you Googled?
‘Machine learning’ -( ha ha !) that is a field that I am just beginning to learn more about at my work (day job!).
5. Night In or Night Out?
Depends – I like both. Its fun to party out once in a while. Having two young kids its usually Night In though with all four of us snuggling under the blanket watching a family movie.!
My Mango pie recipe since it brought back such lovely memories of lovely times with my lovely friends.
7. What’s the one thing you never leave home without?
8. Where would you most like to travel to?
Spain – It just beckons me – I imagine the food to be delicious and the place to be ‘oh so beautiful’! (from what I have seen in pictures!)
9. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
To find a cure for cancer and eliminate sickness/disease in humans
10. What can we expect to find from your blog in the future?
You can continue to expect the same kind of ‘mixed bag’ as you have seen thus far – a mix of authentic Kerala recipes, other indian recipes and international recipes (as I learn to make them). You can expect more of a focus on healthful recipes since I have been making an effort to cook healthful meals whenever possible.
Here are my list of 10 questions and my list of 10 blogs which I nominate for this award .
1. What are your reasons for blogging?
2. What is your most favorite cuisine?
3. What is your favorite TV show?
4. What has been one most amazing moment in your life thus far?
5.What is your favorite outdoor activity?
6. Where would you most like to travel to?
7. If you had magical powers and could solve one global problem, what would it be?
8. Most embarrassing moment in your life?
9.As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10.What is your ‘All time’ favorite movie?
Here are my nominations for the Sunshine award – Congratulations! (listed in no particular order – I love all of them equally for their uniqueness!)
THE RULES to accept this award are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Thanks once again Apsara and congrats to all the nominees! Happy Blogging! 🙂